About Me

My photo
I'm 75 and would like to use this for my genealogy research. I want to share the research I've done. Photos that I have of family. Stories told to me by my dad and other family members. I'd like to meet more cousins here to do research with me.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

John Patton's grandmother Rebecca Isabell Gibson Patton

  • Name: Rebecca Isabelle Gibson
  • Surname: Gibson
  • Given Name: Rebecca Isabelle
  • Nick Name:  Becky Bell
  • Sex: F
  • Birth: ABT 1855 in , Arkansas, Usa
  • Death: in , Oklahoma, Usa
  • Burial: Warner, Oklahoma, Usa Grandpa Patton her son T.H. Patton took me and dad to see her gravesite.  She was buried in an Indian Grave yard close to Warner Oklahoma.  There was only a rock on her grave.  
  • _UID: 2FD4979746248445B6DEA186F77624A25200
  • Change Date: 12 Jun 2005 at 01:00:00

    Rebecca Isabelle Gibson Patton was the d/o

    Father: John Jefferson Gibson b: ABT 1835 in , ,  Usa
    Mother: Tennessee Elvira Tooley b: ABT 1835 in , ,Tennessee, Usa Died; 22 Jan 1899 at Pittsburg, Oklahoma, USA
  • Tennessee Elvira Tooley Gibson divorced John Jefferson Gibson and married Wesley Harris born 4 Feb 1842 Ritchie County Virginia he(Wesley) died 12 April 1920 in Calvin, Oklahoma.  He and Tennessee were married 23 Oct 1867 in Yell Co., Arkansas.
      On the 1880 census, Logan county Arkansas Wesley Harris and Tennessee were living close to John Patton and Becky Bell and their family.

  • Marriage 1 John Wesley Patton b: ABT 1847/1849 in , Texas, Usa
    • Married: 1874 in , , Arkansas, Usa  There's a family rumor that John Killed a man.  I believe he was tried for murder.  I haven't found when or where he died.
    Children
    1. Has No Children Wesley M. Patton b: ABT 1875 in , , Arkansas, Usa  He is rumored to have been born with a disability and died as a child.  All grandpa said was he wasn't right.
    2. Has Children William Perry Patton b: 25 Jul 1878 in , , Arkansas, Usa  Family records show William Perry Patton died 14 Feb 1966 at Talihina, Oklahoma, USA  He is buried at the Sanbois Cemetary in Haskell County Oklahoma.  
    3. Has No Children Lee Patton b: May 1881 in , , Arkansas, Usa  Family records has him dying in Temple Texas.
    4. Has Children Thomas Henry Patton b: 23 Mar 1886 in Harrison, Boone, Arkansas, Usa  This is my grandfather.  He died 15 Jan 1969 at Lequire, Haskell, Oklahoma  I went to see him June of 1968 where at the time he was at his son John Patton's house living there.  He went back and forth from my dad's place to Uncle Penney's (Henry Ford Patton).  He was talking to someone and he and I were the only one's in the room.  I said, "Grandpa, who are you talking to?"  He said, "I'm talking to your Grandma".  Grandma had died when my dad was 6 years old.  This was over 50 years after her death he was talking to her.  
    5. Has Children Grover Cleveland Patton b: 26 Feb 1887 Inola, Indian Territory, Usa  Family records show Grover born in Inola Oklahoma USA.  He died 29 Mar 1944 at Shawnee, Pottawatomie Oklahoma, USA.  He was married to Frances Elizabeth Griffith about 1910.
  • I added these records to rootsweb years ago.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment